Getting bored of weekend grill? How does weekend paella sounds?
Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia, which is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine. Therefore, a lot of non-Spanish view it as Spain’s national dish.
The combinations of paella is unlimited, cook it with seafood, with chorizo, or both!
Seafood Paella Recipe
Prep time: 45 mins Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Serves 6 to 8 people
– 4 cups of chicken stock or low-sodium broth
– 2 cups of fish stock or clam broth
– 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 2 1/4 cups of Bomba or arborio rice
– 12-ounce package cooked chorizo
– 8 large head-on shrimp
– 1 pound littleneck clams and cockles, scrubbed
– 1/2 pound mussels, scrubbed
– 1/4 cup thawed frozen peas
– Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a medium pan, combine chicken stock with the fish stock and crumbled saffron, then bring it to a simmer.
- In a 38cm paella pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook until fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stir for 1 minute, until it is evenly coated in the oil. Add the hot broth and stir the rice once to evenly spread it in the pan.
- Cook in medium heat, without stirring but rotating the pan for even cooking for about 15 minutes, until half of the liquid is absorbed. Reduce the heat o low. Nestle the chorizo and shrimp into the rice. Add the clams, turning the shrimp halfway through, until the shrimp and shellfish are cooked through and all of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Scatter the peas on top and let it sits for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Our Choice of Ingredients
Here we offer you everything you need to cook this paella recipe.
We imported Vaello paella pan from Spain to ensure we give you the most authentic experience. Other than paella pans, we also offer a variety of kits to make it easier for you. The Antonio Sotos Paella Kit includes paella rice, olive oil, and paella seasoning, so you will have all you need in one whole package. If you prefer you choice of rice and seasoning, we also offer you Vaello Eco-Sets in two sizes: 38cm paella pan and 30cm gas burner or 46cm paella pan and 40 cm gas burner. We hope you will have the best paella cooking experience with our product.
In terms of ingredients, our choice of rice here is the La Perla Bomba Rice, which is perfect for paella cooking. Whenever you are making paella in a rush, paella seasoning will make your life so much easier, our favorite is La Barraca Paella Seasoning which has 100% Spanish taste, and will certainly remind you of Spain. When you have time and wanted to make everything from scratch, here’s all the seasonings and oils you will need, which includes saffron and paprika.